Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal, my rearview mirror compass and thermometer quit working a couple weeks ago and could not figure out why, so I took the truck to the dealer the other day to see what was up. The guy at the dealer told me the mirror was not working and the airbag light was on and said it was caused by adding aftermarket electricial accesories. I suppose that could maybe make sense, but I have not done any wiring to the truck in about 3 months, and the mirror quit working about 2 or 3 weeks ago so I don't know how this could interfere with anything. Any ideas would be great, thanks

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Not to ask a dumb question, But is the mirror turned on, I have many come in and it was off..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the first thing I tried, and I tried it many times, I have tried pressing the button once, tried holding the button for a couple seconds, tried holding the button for 30 seconds, nothing. Next I tried every fuse in the truck, still nothing. After about 2-3 hours I gave up and took it to the dealer since I already had to take it in for some other small things.

·
Premium Member
18,124 Posts
The airbag lamp illuminated will be accompanied by a fault code. What is it?

When you added accessories, unless you wired into the VERY YELLOW harnesses and plugs under the dash, your dealer is full of ****. Did you anything to the databus circuit, like a Remote start interface or an aftermarket stereo with the chime adapter?

Have you checked all the fuses? With the truck running, use a 12V test lamp and check the left and right opening in every blade fuse (the fuse itself, don't pull 'em. Test them installed). If both sides light or neither side lights, the fuse is not the one you're looking for. You're looking for a fuse that lights on one side only, that'll be the blown one. Ignore the fuse labels and check every one as GM is wierd and powers some stuff from fuses that are unrelated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts