Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running rear wheel spacers to even out the tracking difference from front to rear? I Measure the rear at 4" narrower than the front on my 4x4. Correctrack and other companies offer 2" thick wheel spacers, bolt onto the stock hub studs - spacer has 8 more studs threaded into it to mount the wheel. Some are steel, some are aluminum, price difference is substantial! I recently installed H2's and naturally the rear center caps won't fit. Originally had factory STEEL wheels so the stock centers from them won't fit either without modification. But the H2 centers WILL fit if I use the spacers, just as an added bonus. And yes, I do kinda like the looks of the Hummer center caps!

Spacer manufacture companies say they don't reduce load carrying capacity, in fact one even goes so far as to say they INCREASE load capacity. And yes, they do put an additional load on the wheel bearings, but GM is supposed to have said that the increased load is 'negligible'.

Anybody have experience with these things?

Are you towing with them??

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm running CorrecTrack and tow a TT. The major benefit is that the front and rear are no longer at odds as to which grove to run in as our highways are badly chewed up. This November to May business with studded tires is hard on the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A guy I work with has an 02 2500HD ec sb, he put the spacers on and likes the way his truck tows his 5th wheel,says it tracks better.Hes towing about 12000#s

·
Registered
19 Posts
This below needed 1" spacers and 16 longer wheelstuds to get the centre caps on.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm running 1.5" spacers in the rear. Mine are alluminum and haven't had any problems at all. Of course the most I've towed is about 10Klbs so you do the math.

I did a substancial amount of research on these before installing them, and load capacity is not affected at all, so long as you use the spacers that have new studs manufactured into them. Stability is awesome not to mention my truck now looks even front to rear!

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts