Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used spacers to move the track width out on the rear wheels?
It looks like the rear wheels track is about 1 to 1 1/2" wider than the front and I'd like to see if there is a way to get them in line with the width of the front. Is there a reason they're like that?
Will it hurt to move them out some if possible?

Thanks!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was reading a current issue Go Boating magazine, and there was an ad in the back for just such a product. Their website is www.correctrack.com. I have no affiliation, and have not tried their product. Does anyone out there have any experience with this or somethiink like it?

John

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CS-Dmax,

Thanks for the link!

I was only thinking about how the difference front to rear looks, but that link indicates there is a stability issue that might be of a greater concern.

I'd like to hear what some of the other folks on The Diesel Place think!

I'd also be interested in a price that isn't quite so salty, $350 plus shipping seems a bit much.
Has anyone seen these or equivilant at a little better price?

2DAMAX

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've seen 1/4" wheel spacers on ebay for about $15 for a set of two. I don't know if I'd trust them.. If you know somebody with a machine shop, get your own set of billet aluminum spacers to your own desired width, you may or may not need longer wheel studs but that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX

Sorry it took so long busy busy ....

My experience with spacers was between the rear wheels on my dually so I could increase my tire size capibilities .... There were issue to over come but that's neither here nor there ...

What you intend to do is exactly what the name implies Correct a track ....This spacer were developed for that reason and others ....

I bought a set off Aluminum spacers at => AIM ... Awhile ago I installed and din't like the huge gap that was between the rear tires .... I sold them cheap to a guy in Canada who is using the on his Burb and says they worked great ....

For what you are doing your risk is minimal considering they bolt to exsisting studs and have a seperate new set off studs you bolt the wheel to ....

Here is some great info => Correctrack

More

Good luck lemme know if you need more info ....Many places sell them ....

Mac

I must add anything under two inch will result in the need to cut STOCK studs for rim seating flush ....Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mac,

Thanks for the post, lots of information. The AIM price is much more like it, $99.00ea/$198pr compared to $350.00pr. It's just a block of metal right? Some things definitely require more R&D, engineering, etc. but why would there be such a huge difference in price on an item like this?

2DAMAX

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX said:
Mac,

Thanks for the post, lots of information. The AIM price is much more like it, $99.00ea/$198pr compared to $350.00pr. It's just a block of metal right? Some things definitely require more R&D, engineering, etc. but why would there be such a huge difference in price on an item like this?

2DAMAX
That was my thought ..... They looked well machined when I got them .. I ran them for a week without issues ....
Just make sure you want them ,check their return policy .....

Heres anouther great link for you and others ....I have tons .... Jae This is a great company to deal with ....

Mac

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Correct Tracks

I have a 2500hd and plan to order.The correct tracks, I was somehow led to believe are steel.

Now you got me wondering.

Pepperidge

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
An answer to my own question.

Direct copy and paste from their website.

Each kit weighs 30lbs.

Each component of our kit is manufactured in the United States by
highly-skilled workers. We use only certified steel product run according to
our specifications by a reputable California steel mill. Each spacer ring is
precision-machined in our California and/or Oregon facility and carefully
inspected. Each ring is powder-coated black. Each kit comes with the
highest quality hardware. Kits are assembled and inspected again before
shipping from our Oregon order center to you, our valued customer.

Pepperidge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts