Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had the Nictane system installed for about 8,000 miles, been through Snow, Rain, etc,etc. But Yesterday I ran over a bunch of large PVC pipes some knuckle head dumped on the fwy,(gotta Love LA)
What a Mess, luckily no damage to the truck, the cars behind me not so Lucky.

That got me thinking about adding some rear wheel liners (hey, GM list it as an option if you don't want to pay the $10). Anybody have any idea's, are there any aftermarket kits? People are always overloaded or not securing their loads, and boom I get to run over it
. Worried about that lucky shot and there goes my Cat filter.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great post; thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have done a search, Man I Love this sight. E-mailed GMparts-direct.com to see if the kit they sell covers the whole rear wheel well? I guess they want $58 bucks each side, still trying to figure out which way to go here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and ordered them, I guess I could futz about and make something, but lately I haven't had an extra minute to scratch my arse. So this is the easier solution. Will post my impression when they come in. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Cou;d you post the GM part numbers for these rear liners. I have an 01 2500HD and would like to order as well but will do with my local Chevy Dealership parts dept.

Mark

·
Registered
78 Posts
I posted this on the nicktane filer questions but i'll do it here to.
Has anyone done anything about the gap between the front wheel liner and the bumper. Does GM have something or has someone made something for this.
I know this is different than protecting the filter but alot of mud and gravel go in there.Edited by: bsiler

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still waiting for these to show up, in the mean time, They responded to my E-mail, Kind of got me curious?

"It is for both sides and will only do the back of the wheel well. GM

does not offer them for the front of the wheel well. Please note that

splash guards will not work with running boards.

Thank you for choosing www.GmPartsDirect.com "

Seems like what they are saying is these are actually for the Front Wheel well, but the picture on the thread looks like they would go nicely on the Front of the rear wheel well, and since I have running boards, should be interesting, I'll make them work, but wanted to let anybody who is interest in these, what GMdirect told me.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have been looking into this myself, primarily for something that will stand up to abuse. May have found some more info. I contacted Mountain enterprises, maker of the "lift lips". The make wheel well liners for applications such as engine compartment protection, concealing a body lift, etc. They make rear wheel liners for the x500HD applications, but standard is to not wrap the whole wheel well. I will be sending Chris (the guy who makes them) some measurements when I get chance that will inlcude the front portion of the well.

http://www.liftlips.com/

I have seen the liners and they are made of a thick rubber type material, seem very heavy duty. Questions in future emails I will be asking will include fastening. may be an alternative to existing ideas.

marcEdited by: ski1

·
Registered
148 Posts
GM part number 15765007 will get you what you want (for the pickup body style). They fit the FRONT of the REAR wheel wells, sealing quite nicely the area where the Nicktane filter sits. They are heavy rubber (good flap material) and bolt to the truck directly (No added brackets.) I like 'em

They are priced at about $60 through GM parts-direct (assuming they know what they are talking about, which does not appear to be the case from above post) for the PAIR. I have them off right now to install the filter kit, but when I get done I will post pictures. GM wants $99 dollars. To keep the local folks happy I paid about in the middle, and bought from the dealer. They are made to fit out trucks (long or short bed)

All of the rub goldberg set ups (some OK) do not look as finished as these. the difference in cost between making them and buying them is nothing given the $40+K truck. Also, they have an extension on the bottom protecting the rear calibers from rocks thrown up by front wheels. Ya just gotta have'em!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, I was a little worried after I recieved the E-mail from GMDIRECT, That they wouldn't work. From what you have said, its just what I was looking for. But I am going to check the part number again, Thanks for the Info!

·
Registered
349 Posts
An individual looked and could not find any, so he found a company and made a prototype and has a pattern. Pics and info are below:

Pic 1

Pic 2

shopman1 speaketh:

"Chevy Silverado, as well as the GMC's add on Wheel Well Kit. It's not a GM kit, I saw the problem and worked up a template and went to a ABS plasitcs company and got the prices to punch out the kit. I have put a few test kits together for $27.00, for both sides, that’s less shipping. The cost after woking this will be closer to $45. for both sides with the clips when I get them. The sides are make of Black ABS, high rigidity and impact strength, good abrasion resistance, moisture resistant, resistant to inorganic salts, alkalies and many acids not that we are running over acid. The sides attach to the bolts that hold the side fender struts on. There is 2 in the front and 3 in the back. The holes are punched to fit. At the bottom of each side piece you use a large multi purpose tie to hold the bottom to the lower strut. As it is now I suggest that the sides be attached with 1/8 rivets. You drill 1/8 holes through the lower edge of the outer wheel well edge and attach the side piece. I am looking into nylon push-in fasteners however rivets work fine. If you want to give it a shot, drop me an email."

Brad's email is [email protected](REMOVETHISFIRST)hotmail.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts