Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new set of tires put on last week. When they mounted the new tires they must have placed the inner wheel on the outside. It was dirty as hell. I went to the car wash to clean the wheels up and I noticed it did not appear to be "normal" break dust. This sh*t was greasy almost like the same stuff when I blew a cvboot on a frontwheel drive car.

My question is have you heard of any issues with the rear wheel bearings or seals?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Seals leaking.

I've had 1. Mackin has had 1 or 2, I don't remember. They seems to be a little bit of a problem. Get the dealer to replace it, at the very least you get a free rear axle lube replacement.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
yup, seems to be a common problem. I dont know of a good fix yet but to just keep puttin seals in, has been an issue on full floating rear ends for as long as I can remember...New stuff is alittle different design, but stillhave some issues.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is this an issue only on 3500's or do 2500HD's suffer as well?

Also, what kind of mileage is this happening at?

cadman_ks

·
Registered
540 Posts
CADman_ks said:
Is this an issue only on 3500's or do 2500HD's suffer as well?

Also, what kind of mileage is this happening at?

cadman_ks

My is a 3500 and the seal leaked at about 15k

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
the 2500hd and the 3500 share the same axle/seals, There is no specific mileage at when they like to leak, it just seems these are more prone to leak then say a 1500 truck.

Eric

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks dmaxallitech...

That's good to know. At least I can keep my eye on it now...

cadman_ks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts