Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my Fabtech 6" lift (with double front shocks/tower) installation finished. Now with heavy acceleration, running both my VA box and the programmer, I get some weird rear shaking feeling as it starts its "get-up and go!"

It seems that it doesn't last long. Whether it ends when the truck just gets moving, or when the turbo kicks in, I'm not quite sure.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this dissorder. I'm hoping that it isn't damaging. Not knowing whether it is, I have not really stomped down on it here very often. That, or I ease into the power more gently. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It sounds to me like you are either getting axle wrap or some type of u-joint bind. I would really think more along the lines of axle wrap. Does the Fabtech lift use a lift block in the back? You may be applying more power than the springs are capable of handling during hard acceleration given the leverage arm if there is a block. Edited by: camp

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I say axle wrap

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DMAX for the compliment.

As for the lift, yes it does have a block in the back. Since I am a dealer of, I plan on puting a "Super Spring" helper spring on the rear. It is supposed to help with loads without the hard ride of an overload.

Also, they say it will not allow the spring to twist, and prevents tire traction hop. I say supposed to, but in reality all the trucks I've put them on, the owners have great feed back.

I think I'll give Fabtech a call. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fabtech said it was axle rap. Guess it's time for the traction bars.

Mo money, mo money, mo money!

·
Registered
218 Posts
With all this horsepower I bet you have slicks, therefore I would guess your problem is tire shake.........................

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Do you have a one or two piece drive shaft? Even stock I had to lower the carrier bearing on my two pc setup after installing 2" blocks. You'd be suprised how much that helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, no slicks. Just 315 Pro-Comp Xterranes. Slicks on a 4X4?

I got a set of traction bars coming that are to take away 80-90 percent of the axle wrap.

·
Registered
692 Posts
FOR AWHIEL THERE WAS LOTS OF ISSUES WITH A VIBRATION AND A REPROGRAM PCM NOT SURE IF D/MAX WAS PART OF THE BULLITEN. ALSO 1 OR 2 PIECE DRIV SHAFT WITH THE 2 PIECE
HAS A BULLITEN AS WELL TO REPLACE WITH A ONE PIECE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts