Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Technician,

I have had the T.S.B performed and it fixed my problem. The bottom spring pads were missing. I just noticed that one of the replacements is already missing. On another thread somewhere on this site I saw boots that actually slipped over the ends of the bottom spring. Is this a GM part? Do you know where I can find this boot/sleeve?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I only know of and can only find info in GM Service Information about the inserts and insulators that you already had done.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I have the inserts and I get a very loud thumping/rubbing/clunking noise out of the rear springs. I have to strip everything off my truck and bring it in.

What a pain.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys mine did the same thing. I took a piece of rubber about 1/8 to 1/4 in thick and cut it to fit just like the stock ones did. I secured it with some weatherstripping glue. They are still in tact after 25,000 miles. Just some insight on what you could do to help out with your problem. Edited by: 01Duramax

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bronco,
I had the same problem on my 99 and 02, after dealing with many dealers I finally found a tech that kept all his old bullitins.
The part number you are looking for is 000 015604174. The cost is 20.70 each. Hope this helps.

Pappy 2002 dmax

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Pappy,

I just recently took my truck back to the dealer. I gave them a copy of the TSB. After kicking and screaming they decided to special order in the parts and install them for me. They are a different kind of pad, however they are not the big boots. They are more like the stock ones with an extra step. Basically 2 circles fastened together.

Should of they been the boot style that slips over the end of the helper spring?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bronco,
The ones on my truck are the boots that slip over the ends of the springs, and the part number that I listed was for those type insulators. Hopefully the ones that they put on your truck will correct the problem and stay in place.
Goodluck,
Pappy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts