Diesel Place banner

Rear Seat Cover

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  corona 
#1 ·
Anybody know if these factory gm vinyl rear seat covers for an avalanche will work on a crew cab?? I don't see why they wouldn't, but I'm not real familiar with the avalanche set up.

I like the idea of protescting the rear seats when folded down.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had no idea that was available. I want to know too! :)

#3 ·
I recently purchased carpeted floor mats front and rear for my truck. Gm doesnt offer carpeted mats for the HD but the dealer said the ones for the avalanche would fit since the body style is exactly the same on the interior of the truck.. The mats fit perfect so it would seem that the application that your talking about would work to.

#4 ·
That avalanche cover works PERFECT and fits exactly as intended. I have 4 small dogs that truck around with me all the time, so that cover is installed almost permanently. DEFINATELY worth the money IMO.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Well I ordered my avalanche rear seat cover from e-bay, got it the other day. I gotta say I am more than impressed. It was $40 plus shipping but it sure fits swell. I don't understand why they don't offer it as an accessory for the sierra/silverado.

Our Lab Justice resides in the back while traveling. It's super nice because his hair is easily wiped off & makes it easy to shake out. Stores nicely behind the seats when they are in the upright position.

#7 ·
I've got to stop visiting this site. It keeps costing me money. :) My two black labs ride in the crew cab when we go camping. The black fur shows up real nice on the tan interior. :mad:

I had something like this in my old Suburban. Cover the entire rear cargo area behind the 2nd row seat. Very nice to have with animals and a wife that works at a wholesale nursery. :ro)

#8 ·
I went to the Stealer and picked one up for $42.50 plus tax. I ordered it Friday and got it Monday with no shipping. It lists for $50 but the guy gave me a discount. Pics in my garage. Thanks for telling me about it, I would never have thought of it.

#9 ·
dangit!

something else I have to have now.

thanks for the tip :D

#11 ·
I ordered mine about a week ago through GM Discount Parts (www.buy-oem-parts.com). The cost was $37.50 plus $9.50 shipping. Obviously, "Timberdoodle" did better from his local dealer, if you figger my shipping costs, and he got his in a couple of days. I'm still waiting.

I had one of these in my 2002 - 2500 Avalanche and it is great. My wife quilts and sews a lot; when she saw it, she said, "Wow, that is tough, great material. I simply could not make it for the fifty bucks, never mind the time in making a pattern and sewing." Obviously, it is an excellent bargain.

Our Scottie dog rides with us all of the time and I'm looking forward to having the rear area of our crew cab protected from Libby. She is a great dog, but stuff happens.

Steve

#12 ·
I just ordered one from my local dealer. $50 less 10%. ordered on monday should here on Friday on my way home from work. No postage.

#14 ·
If you do a search it is an avalanche cargo area liner not rear seat cover. GM part number is 12497838. I just ordered one from e-bay, 40.99 plus 15.00 shipping. GM list price is 50.00.

#16 ·
Is there anything that keeps it attached at the back? We have a sling for the 1500 extended cab that attaches between the headrests and keeps it all in place but this looks like it would fit better for the 2500 crew cab with the seat folded down. The Lab would pull it all out of wack if it's not attached to something in the back. Let me know.

Thanks.

De

#17 ·
There is nothing that keeps it attached to the back. I guess you could always add some straps that could go diagonal on the corners, to keep it a little more snug.

Our lab doesn't move much while traveling, so it's not much of a problem.

#18 ·
Got mine, and it's GREAT! The fabric looks very durable and makes the surface pretty much nonslip.

I do agree though, a strap across the back side at the rear of the cab would be nice and keep it from flapping around. Might be something the wife could sew on there real easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.