Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched high and low but have come up empty on this...

I've got a GMC 2004 2500HD ext. cab and am installing a set of Marathon Seat Covers but have run into a snag.

Does anyone know how to fold down the back of the rear seat to slip this cover over?

I've looked high and low for some type of cable or strap to release the brackets behind the seat and have come up empty...

Am I looking for the holy grail that doesn't exist or am I just "special"? :D:D

I'm at the point where I'm going to abandon looking for this thing and just unbolt the rear seat but will wait for a response on this thread before I go that route.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
You will need to unbolt it. There is no release (unfortunately). I went through the same thing with my seat covers...

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
x2, this sucks that the rear seat doesnt fold better!:mad:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It's not too hard IIRC... I think it is just two bolts at the bottom, and slide the seat back up over the hooks at the top. Hardest part was finding a Torx the correct size. And taking the mini headrests off was the biggest PITA. Have fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...I abandoned looking...had it unblolted...installed and put back in the truck in 1/2 the time I spent looking for a release... LOL!

Seat covers look great though!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Sweet Covers! Hatchie Bottom? ive got the mossy oak hatchies in mine, 3 years no problems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Glad I found this thread, I too have been looking at how to fold it down. My old 95 Chevy extended cab would fold down. Wish this 01 would, good space back there for a rifle, out of sight!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts