Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My rear rotors are really bad. Scored up and gouged to beat heck. Really nasty.

So, I think I'll just jump online and order up a set of new rotors and pads, no big deal.

Du'h wrong!

There are a plethora of choices and price points and what appears to be contradictory applications.

First off, the truck is 2003 Chevy 2500 HD Ext cab Duramax / Allison

Question: Is the center hole in the rotor 4.63" or 4.84"? The applications seem to list both sizes for the 2500HD with 6.6L engine.

Question: What's better, smooth, drilled, slotted, drilled AND slotted? Why?

Any recomendations on pad material? Brands to get / avoid?

I did search on the size and found 0 Posts....

Thanks for any and all input,
(Merry Christmas!)
jb

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
The size of the center hole you will have to measure yourself, when it is time for my D-max to get new pads and rotors i will be going with chyro drilled and slotted all the way around and the best stopping pad i can find. I want that particular rotor for durability and better heat/gas transfer. I am hard on brakes and have noticed quite a few times when towing that the brakes are getting hot and will fade during a panic stop. I plan on changing brake controllers down the road to help with this so the trailer can help more with braking power under sudden stops.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I forgot to mention that i have dealt with 300 Below several times with items that i had tempered and i have always had good luck with them. Check out www.300below.com for more info, the temper anything metal from rotor's, golf clubs, drill bits, gun barrels, axles, engine blocks/internals, gears, teeth for equipment buckets, etc. Phone # 217-423-3070.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts