Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has the stock suspension, and I am running 285 tires (pressures even). When I measure my heigth from the ground to the wheel well, I hahe 41 3/4" on the passenger side, but only 39 3/4" on the drivers side. This is with the truck sitting on level ground, with an empty bed. On the passenger side, the bottom leaf is not touching the other leafs, but on the drivers side, they are all tight. The truck only has 9k miles on it, has never carried a heavy load, or been in an accident.
Is there some way to adjust the truck for an even heigth?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
you have something wrong somewhere.2" variance is not good.bad leaf spring or bad shock or something. can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
117 Posts
You do have to compensate for the fuel tank and perhaps a FULL tank; but 2 inchs is quite alot. I'd say something is deffinately wrong.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I am positive a full fuel tank will not make it drop 2",I just checked my truck and it measures even,w/a full tank..

·
Registered
612 Posts
You need to adjust that with the front torsion bars. If you measure the front I bet you will find it is not level either. What ever side is higher, turn up the torsion bar on the opposite corner if you have enough threads. Otherwise lower the other side until all is level.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What hill said. most are low on the drivers front, and high in the passenger rear.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
You need to adjust that with the front torsion bars. If you measure the front I bet you will find it is not level either. What ever side is higher, turn up the torsion bar on the opposite corner if you have enough threads. Otherwise lower the other side until all is level.
That's what worked for me, but 2" does seem like an awful lot...

·
Registered
16 Posts
the torsion bars were my problem with mine on my 02 sittin on 42 inch irocks, and my 06 has new keys in the front and it clears 305-75-16 just fine but it was sittin all kattywopped when i bought it as well and it was the torsion bars....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts