Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the secret to removing these?? I need to move the front seats back a bit more.
TIA

Max

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
On my truck there is a tiny pin hole on the post. Youve got to stick a pin in that hole and depress it and that frees the head rest to be removed. The truck actually came with the little pin tool. Its just a dull pin with a T shaped handle if you will.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
hmm, i wonder what became of that pin in my truck? I don't recall getting one.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Me either....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got one of those pins, but it was the paperclip holding my paperwork together. Works great!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
the Trailblazers have head rests that flip up when the seat goes down so as not to put pressure on the bottom of the seat when in the down position. Is there any way to do something similar to ours? It's nice to have them and not take them in and out every time you have passengers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was always wondering how these head rests came off too. Is the pin hole on the actual post, or on the plastic piece around it?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
The plastic piece.
6" piece of coathanger works great.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Yep, on the plastic piece. My tool was in the glove box in a little plastic baggy. Also a coat hanger would never fit in my hole. That sounds bad.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yep, on the plastic piece. My tool was in the glove box in a little plastic baggy. Also a coat hanger would never fit in my hole. That sounds bad.
That sounds ... small. :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my truck there is a tiny pin hole on the post. Youve got to stick a pin in that hole and depress it and that frees the head rest to be removed. The truck actually came with the little pin tool. Its just a dull pin with a T shaped handle if you will.
Thanks for the help guy's. The center headrest and seatbelt are stopping me from moving the seat back as far as I wanted but I did get enough clearance to help.
TA

Max

·
Registered
235 Posts
The two things that never seem to be delivered with a new Chevy truck are the orange radio antenna tool and the head-rest removal tool. At least, I seemingly almost never get either of them.

I've never seen one of the head-rest tools and have always used a bent-out large paperclip to do the needful deed. I DID get issued an orange radio antenna tool with my last truck, a Z-71, and that was the first thing I removed from the truck when moving into our new Duramax last week. Yeah, I stole it.....and I'm proud of it.

By the way, we absolutely love our new Duramax LBZ CC/SB. It's our dream truck.

Steve

·
Registered
600 Posts
Radio antenna tool....Never seen one what does it do? Tighten up and loosen for removal?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
you got it. i got one with my 03 and didn't think to keep it when i got my 04, so, now i don't have one anymore. :(

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
i got my antenna tool also. looks like something actually did go my way once.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was just outside looking at the headrest to remove it for a camping trip, thanks for the info "Mission Complete!!" Antenna tool???, anyone got a Pic

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was just outside looking at the headrest to remove it for a camping trip, thanks for the info "Mission Complete!!" Antenna tool???, anyone got a Pic
Ask and you shall receive. An artsy-fartsy photograph of my treasured (stolen) antenna tool.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts