Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I measure from the frame rail to the tire on the rear end I get a difference of 3/8" so to bring back to even I'm off 3/16" When I put my blocks in I made sure the flanges were in the same spot as factory. I measured three new HD's today. #1 dead even. #2 off 1/4". #3 off 1/2". How neccessary is it to get it back to zero? It will be a lot of work for 3/16" of offset. It drives fine so I'm inclined to leave it alone.

I also measured the shocks of a 3500 chassis cab. It had overloads. Bolt to bolt they are 23". My 2500 with 2" blocks is at 23.5". If I change to Bilstens are the 3500 shocks longer? Might be the way to go with blocks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
This is a very common problem that I have seen on every thuck I have had. The newer trucks with IFS can be adjusted some by making sure the front is level as it can cause the back to be out of level. I think there is some differences in the rear springs and the fuel tank is only on one side and causes some droop. The rear end will usally level out if there is a larger load in the back of the truck once all the leaf springs come in to play. I also think some times you will see on a transport delivery truck where a truck is pulled down to tight for shipment on one side of the front and the opposite side on the back and this causes some setlement of the suspension.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading my own post again I need to clarify. I'm not talking vertical but side to side. The rear end is dog tracking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts