Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06' Sierra 2500HD, limited slip, with less then 2K on the odometer. Sometimes when I back up, something lets off a loud CLICK from the rear. I thought I ran over a plastic bottle, but there was no bottle to be found. It only does it sometimes. Always does it outfront of my house for some reason, I can't explain it. Any idea?

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Found this in the TSB Section:
Clunk, Bump or Squawk when Vehicle Comes to Complete Stop or Accelerating from Complete Stop or Accelerating from Complete Stop (Replace Rear Drive Shaft Nickel-Plated Slip Yoke) #01-04-17-004B - (Jan 5, 2005)
Clunk, Bump or Squawk when Vehicle Comes to Complete Stop or Accelerating from Complete Stop (Replace Rear Drive Shaft Nickel-Plated Slip Yoke)

Or, most guys just remove the drive shaft from the spline and re-grease it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Brain:
A dry u-joint could be the problem .

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
TSB 01-04-17-004B only covers from 2001-2004 on the 2500.
Dry U-joint with less than 2k miles? Possible I suppose, but very unlikely. I havnt had anything with that complaint though, so I really dont know. More than likely something is shifting a little making the noise, loose shock bolt, ect...with the low mileage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just going to wait another 1,000 miles and take it to the dealer, and get them to do all the scheduled stuff to it, and check it out. Got a little exaust rattle too. Only does it at start up though when tis cold. Something is loose. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts