Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and found no answers, just a lot of confusion and conflicting info.
I needed a ~75" wide axle for a swap into my K5 blazer, and all the 14bolts and 11.5aam etc were too narrow. (64-70")
I bought a "dana 70d, 6697-1" manufactured 2003. Removed from a 2003 Silverado 3500 dually with a 6.0l gasser.

Anyway, Right now it has an open diff, But i would prefer some type of LSD or streetable locker.
Right now, I think the only options are a lock right 2710-lr lunchbox style or a detroit 225SL58B, Im just not sure about the drivability of those.

I was hoping for a factory unit, but searching fleabay etc, Im finding all the dana 70 diffs says "will not fit the 70hd"
A couple threads from other forums mention a dana 80 carrier would fit, but some said it required machining.
And then lastly, ARB and eaton of airlockers/Elockers listed that claim to fit the dana 70hd, but they have the same part numbers the for the 70u and 70 non hd, which so many other places says are different and non compatable. (example eat14032 )
Also compatabilty charts on website seem useless since most came with a 11.5aam, few with 80s

Basically, has anyone here installed a lsd /locker in this axle? Does anyone know what the factory part number is for the g80 unit in the axle?
Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hate bumping my own thread.
So looking more into this, its not a dana 70hd, its likely a "dana 70 super" 12 bolt cover, offset diff

·
Premium Member
18,174 Posts
I'd find it more likely that it's an AAM 1050 or 1150.
I just can't recall seeing a Dana in any 2003 silverado.
Text Line art Font

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So for the past few hours lol, Ive been digging through every spicer and dana book i could find online.

I went back and looked at my text... the guy i bought this from says it was from a 2004 silverado 3500 6.0l DRW that he parted out, however, looking at page 24 on this https://drivetrain.estoreseller.com/DanaCatalogs/x510-3.pdf shows a 6697-1 as a express van super 70-267 70-3hd. Unless GM had some extras, im guessing it was not a Silverado, but instead like a moving truck which is called an express drw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts