Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... My truck has about 1300 miles on it, and today I noticed that the right rear bumper is discolored
( looks like heat from exhaust is doing it.) I have'nt seen any other posts about this, so I'm not sure if this is normal, or something that needs attention. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

P.S. Great forum, by the way. Learned a lot already!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have'nt tried yet.. I don't remember ever noticing this on any other diesel pickups, so not sure if this is a problem I need to mention to the dealer, or just clean it more often. I will probably have to get some stuff for motorcycle exhaust pipes to clean it with....

Do you think a downturn tip might help???

·
Registered
958 Posts
Mine does this too.. After straight-piping the exhaust the tailpipe is just slightly higher than it was stock. Not even noticeable except when parked next to a stock truck. The passenger side corner of the bumper discolors (like a chrome exhaust pipe discolors) but it cleans off fine when you wash the truck.

I've got 10k miles on mine now and there is no lingering effects, it just washes off every time. The bumper looks like new. I wouldn't worry about it, just let it go until it's time to wash the truck. I did a 4600 mile trip at the beginning of the month and boy did that bumper look pretty when I got home!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I can't tell sometimes where the black cover cap and chrome begin on mine ...

Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts