Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer(s) keep looking at me like I have 3 eyes when I ask for them to program the "rear backup alarm calibration " on my new '22 2500. I know it can be done, but, it'd be less problematic if I could show them a link or video.

I don't want to give up exit and entry lighting altogether, and, if it had been properly ordered with the SFW RPO, I wouldn't need it done.
But, then again, if it had been properly ordered, it would've had the JL1 ITBC too.

Directions to educate my dealers is what's needed.

·
Administrator
22,691 Posts
My dealer(s) keep looking at me like I have 3 eyes when I ask for them to program the "rear backup alarm calibration " on my new '22 2500. I know it can be done, but, it'd be less problematic if I could show them a link or video.

I don't want to give up exit and entry lighting altogether, and, if it had been properly ordered with the SFW RPO, I wouldn't need it done.
But, then again, if it had been properly ordered, it would've had the JL1 ITBC too.

Directions to educate my dealers is what's needed.
The closest to the topic I could find is this article: Typical Calibration Requirements For Park Assist Sensors
Maybe why the Dealer is giving you the funny look when asking?

An auto body shop should be able to test/calibrate the system.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "rear backup alarm calibration" disables the reverse lamps during entry and exit courtesy lighting events. This is so that the backup alarm doesn't turn on when locking or unlocking the doors, at night.

It certainly has nothing to do with parking assist.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got this back from gmupfitter.
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Now, I just need a smarter dealer.

• Helpful
Reactions: OkDually
1 - 4 of 4 Posts