Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found out after pulling the rear axles that my brake drums and shoes are oil drenched due to the rear axle seals leaking. I beleive this is the cause for the truck pulling to the right when braking. Sadly I replaced these seals and shoes 13 k miles ago. Obviously there is a problem. I think the area on the axle tube where the seal rides must be wore too much for the seal to work. Please tell me there is a repair kit with a sleeve, instead of replacing the whole rearend.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I don't know about a seal repair sleeve for axles (doesn't mean they are not made), but have you tried pricing new aftermarket (or used) axles?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Vent is most likely plugged. They do make speedi-sleeves, but check your vent first.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
These are the ones I used, should be the same for your truck.

CR (Chicago Rawhide) axle repair kit #28446
Seal in kit is #28426
Speedi-sleeve in kit is #99282

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Vent is most likely plugged. They do make speedi-sleeves, but check your vent first.
Make sure your vent tube has a continuous slope toward the axle. If you have any loop seals in the line, oil splashing up into vent tube blocks the vent path, and when pressure builds, it will relieve through the seal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts