Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

EFILive Limited is pleased to announce our partnership with MoatesWare LLC. (www.moates.net)

This partnership combines EFILive's world class tuning tools with the MoatesWare RoadRunner emulator to bring affordable, realtime tuning to the LS1.

EFILive and MoatesWare have worked closely to deliver a product that is integrated into the very heart of EFILive. The result is a seamless, powerful addition to the EFILive Tuning Tool.

Answers to all your questions (and screen shots) can be seen here:
http://www.moates.net/roadrunner/

If you have any questions not addressed by the information page, (or if you just want to comment) please post them in this thread.

Contrary to a premature announcement in another forum section, LB7 tuning is still being tested and is not available yet. As soon as the RoadRunner is available for the diesels, you can all dive into realtime tuning with EFILive's Tuning Tools.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
The cat is out of the bag. Good job!! I look forward to real time tuning w/ the Dmax. Keep up the excellent work and Thanks again!

·
Registered
410 Posts
:phatyo: :bow: :rocking: :rockit: :lol2: :drop_mout :beerchug:

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Would it be improper of me to mention that this had been revealed to the Beta members of EFILive sometime ago and that we were not allowed to discuss it?

Oops, guess I just did. :D

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
"Contrary to a premature announcement in another forum section, LB7 tuning is still being tested and is not available yet. As soon as the RoadRunner is available for the diesels, you can all dive into realtime tuning with EFILive's Tuning Tools."

I've made sure that Moates has an LB7 ECM to work with so it should be proven soon!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
"Contrary to a premature announcement in another forum section, LB7 tuning is still being tested and is not available yet. As soon as the RoadRunner is available for the diesels, you can all dive into realtime tuning with EFILive's Tuning Tools."

I've made sure that Moates has an LB7 ECM to work with so it should be proven soon!
Wonder if they need an LLY ECM? I have a blank one that I'm willing to lend.

This is going to be...I just don't have the words.:grd:

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Sorry if this is stupid, but in a nutshell, you can edit a tune or the ECM itself WHILE YOU DRIVE? Or while it is still in the truck?

Again, ignorance is blinding me, what is the main benefit to this? I know its sometihng pretty good because you all are drooling but I just aint seein the light.

Enlighten me please. I'm already impressed as it is! No I'll really be jones'n if this is that much more better.

C-ya

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
You're driving along with you laptop hooked to the roadrunner which is hooked to your ECM. You put the hammer down and you want to add more fuel at a certain point so you pull up your fuel injection table and tweak the pulse width in the area you desire while driving. This change is instantaneous and you get the results without pulling over, shutting down and downloading. Make sense?

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
You're driving along with you laptop hooked to the roadrunner which is hooked to your ECM. You put the hammer down and you want to add more fuel at a certain point so you pull up your fuel injection table and tweak the pulse width in the area you desire while driving. This change is instantaneous and you get the results without pulling over, shutting down and downloading. Make sense?
Then after you have perfected the tune you can flash it into memory.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
That's gotta be tricky,I normally run out of real estate when my foot is on the carpet. :eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
this is getting better every day thank you guys for all your hard work now do you guys ever sleep lol. maybe we will have to train gm on how to program there own ecm soon lol

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Sounds FANTASTIC! One question though, do you flash the ecm before or after you crash?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Not as funny as it sounds, any real time tuning whilst driving should only be done whilst you are strapped down to some rollers. Would you read a book whilst driving?

Cheers,
Ross
I've seen it done many times. Just on a recent trip to Des Moines I passed a lady with a book propped in the steering wheel driving 75 mph down I-80 :eek: .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts