Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Real Lift Torsion Bar Relocator Install[/B]

Like I spoke of in my thread on the Rancho 4” Lift Install, all these Chevy IFS lift kits drop the Torsion Bar Cross Member (TBCM) down to keep the torsion bars at the stock height. However, doing this puts the TBCM 4-8” under the frame, depending on the amount of the lift. The Real Lift Relocators put the torsion bars and the TBCM back into the frame so you don’t lose any ground clearance. This install took me about 8 hours. You will need to refer to the picture and probably look at the underside of your truck for this to make sense.

- You must make sure the lower a-arm mounting bolts face forward, with the nut side to the front. I had to also cut off about 1/2” of thread from the subframe mounting bolts because the nut side faced to the rear. This may not be necessary on a 6” kit.

- All the bracketry for the driver’s side frame portion of the front diff mount must be removed.

- There are PVC pipe spacers on the hex portion of the relocators. I had to grind a flat on these PVC spacers so they would not contact the frame.

- I had to space the relocators out 1/4 to 5/16” further than what the supplied PVC spacers provided. You culd just make new spacers form 2” PVC, but when the torsion bars are loaded, none of this stuff will move out of place.

- After you prepare the front for the relocators, you have to re-mount the TBCM. It needs to be moved aft 3-4”. A simple way would be

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moderators,

I think this one should go in DIY as well.............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts