Diesel Place banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
I just towed our travel trailer for the first time. Trailer is 26ft long and 6500lbs. Disappointed in the mileage as we only saw 10mpg average during all hiway operations. When the truck is not towing it gets fantastic fuel mileage but we purchased it specifically to tow our trailer so I think we are going to go back to bigger a diesel. Our old Cummins got better fuel consumption numbers in a 3/4 ton than we do in this half ton.

PS We never broke 60mph or for us in the north, 100kph
Thats very odd because I pull a Keystone Hideout 27 SLE that's not very aerodynamic at 70mph and we are prob closer to 7500 loaded up and I was just over 13mpg on way out and 12.4mpg on way back into a little headwind; this was a 400 mile round trip. What gearing to you have?

The whole GM approved oil thing is a money maker for them. The oil manufacturers have to pay GM $100,000 to get on their list. I would check and see what other brands have that meet the same spec as the Mobil oil.
Get the Auto Stop Eliminator , It'll still work as it does now if you chooose, but with this, When you turn it OFF, it STAYS OFF untill You turn it bk on.
**Auto Stop Eliminator $100
GM Auto Start-Stop Disable | Autostop Eliminator
Video
2019-2021 Silverado Sierra 1500 Auto Start/Stop Disable Autostop Eliminator Installation - YouTube

Thats very odd because I pull a Keystone Hideout 27 SLE that's not very aerodynamic at 70mph and we are prob closer to 7500 loaded up and I was just over 13mpg on way out and 12.4mpg on way back into a little headwind; this was a 400 mile round trip. What gearing to you have?
I believe ours is the 3.23.

After 1 year 15200 miles. Spring ,summer 27 mpg all around, hand calculated. Winter, 24 mpg all around, hand calculated. I must say the truck mpg calcs are almost dead on. Love this truck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

After 1 year 15200 miles. Spring ,summer 27 mpg all around, hand calculated. Winter, 24 mpg all around, hand calculated. I must say the truck mpg calcs are almost dead on. Love this truck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Don't forget to update you signature with the new truck info (y)

Reactions: gdog6979
Any mileage reading with a 3:73 rear axle option? Seen that option on the 2022's.
Not sure how you're planning on using the truck, but mine sees a lot of 53 - 62 mph stuff.
It doesn't go into 10th at those speeds.

I'd expect 3.73 trucks to drop into 10th at lower speeds -- but ratios are close, so rpm won't be significantly different and the aero HP required to run 60 doesn't change.

Available on a couple of '21 Silverado trims (but not Sierra) as part of off-road package.
B4U Diesel Off-Road Package, includes (GT4) 3.73 axle ratio, (R3O) LT275/65R18C MT Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac blackwall tires and (VOZ) Hard-folding tonneau cover, LPO

Max tow (NHT) wasn't available on '21 or '22LTD LM2's, but it is on '22 refreshed trucks with LM2..
NHT does include 3.73 on LM2, (3.42's with the 5.3/6.2)
NHT is not available on all trims.
(SLE, one of the 2 elevation trims, and SLT for GMC, on of the LT's, RST, LTZ and HC for Chev's)

Z71 offroad and NHT max tow are not available together.

B4U diesel offroad seems to be gone for '22 refresh.

Reactions: OkDually
Not sure how you're planning on using the truck, but mine sees a lot of 53 - 62 mph stuff.
It doesn't go into 10th at those speeds.

I'd expect 3.73 trucks to drop into 10th at lower speeds -- but ratios are close, so rpm won't be significantly different and the aero HP required to run 60 doesn't change.

Available on a couple of '21 Silverado trims (but not Sierra) as part of off-road package.
B4U Diesel Off-Road Package, includes (GT4) 3.73 axle ratio, (R3O) LT275/65R18C MT Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac blackwall tires and (VOZ) Hard-folding tonneau cover, LPO

Max tow (NHT) wasn't available on '21 or '22LTD LM2's, but it is on '22 refreshed trucks with LM2..
NHT does include 3.73 on LM2, (3.42's with the 5.3/6.2)
NHT is not available on all trims.
(SLE, one of the 2 elevation trims, and SLT for GMC, on of the LT's, RST, LTZ and HC for Chev's)

Z71 offroad and NHT max tow are not available together.

B4U diesel offroad seems to be gone for '22 refresh.
And this is what baffles me about Gm, You can’t get the 3.73 with Z71! And max tow only gives you single speed transfer case? I use low range in my 3500 diesel Denali backing my trailers up a steep dirt driveway at my camp in Maine. I always put larger tires on. I want 3.73 with skid plates and hill descent! F-ing Gm engineers, bunch of Camry driving nerds!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.