Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys....Hate to be disagreeing with some of you.....BUT....I put my new Bilsteins on this morning and WOW, what a difference ! The truck rides MUCH, MUCH, BETTER !!! I hate some of you have not had the same results, but I am glad mine turned out good. I was a little worried after reading some of the recent negative posts. So I am very relieved that my truck rides so good. I ain't trying to rub it in on some of you, just sharing my good news !

Edited by: BamaFan

·
Registered
21 Posts
BamaFan,

I usually won't agree with someone from Alabama (with me being from God's country - Arkansas, GO HOGS!!!!); however, my '03 DMAX rides a whole lot better also since putting my Bilsteins on.

·
Registered
772 Posts
This is hard for me, my brother and sister-in-law having graduated from Auburn 'n all, but I have to agree, too. I'm very happy with the way the Bilsteins transformed my truck from a wallowing pig into a taught, controllable machine. It is virtually a 1-ton truck, after all, built to carry a load. It's not going to ride like a car. For those really concerned about the kick from the back end, Velvet Rides might help, but I've hear differing stories about them.

TC

·
Registered
42 Posts
BamaFan,

I agree 100%, and not just because I grew up in Destin, FL., about 90 miles away from the Bama border.

Tim

·
Registered
909 Posts
I was following a 2500HD the other day and witnessed the truck wallow and undulate. Only after a shock upgrade would I ever thought to check it out, definitely a odd sight.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I guess the roads in Alabama and Arkansas are much nicer than that of Misery, I mean Missouri.
I am glad that you had success with new Bilsteins!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Razorbackfan,

As a fellow transplanted Arkansan here in Louisiana I couldn't agree with you more. The Bilsteins made a significant improvement. Go Hogs! (especially on the 28th.)

NoWake200,

How many miles were on your OEM shocks when you replaced them? That may be the reason your not as happy as some of us with more miles before replacement. I remember when I traded in my 97 1/2 ton, I thought the ride in the HD was like a Cadillac, but it definitely deteriorated with time as the OEM shocks crapped out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I agree, the ride with the Bilsteins is great. No wallowing, no porposing. Remember these are TRUCKS and are going to ride like TRUCKS. If you expect a smooth soft ride you've got the wrong TRUCK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts