Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity my boost and pyro gauge are wired together is this the most accurate way to read the true boost psi or is there another? I have the gauges that came with the Banks kit. the gauge reads up to 50 psi I know that I dont need that much just tryin to get to 32-34psi.

Thanks Shawn

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
is this a mechanical boost guage?? with a line and you have to tap the manifold for it?...if so that is about the most accurate one. There are many out there that are digital, like Edge Attitude that I have, but it reads off the CAN bus and not direction from the manifold. I'd say you are ok.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the EGT probe is tapped into the manifold just like everyone else here and my boost gauge is wired to the pyro gauge which goes to the probe. thanks Brian.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
You lost me on this one. Are you saying your boost gauge is tied into your egt probe? If so that is wrong. How does your boost gauge recieve a boost signal? Is there line, possibly clear plastic, that comes out of the back of your boost gauge and runs to the intake manifold somewhere? Are the electrical connections you are thinking of being wired together for the lights in the gauges?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
yes the EGT probe is tapped into the manifold just like everyone else here and my boost gauge is wired to the pyro gauge which goes to the probe. thanks Brian.

Shawn
yeah, I actually meant is the boost guage line hooked to the intake manifold..sorry I should have specified. The EGT one taps into the exhaust manifold. Two different places.

when you say "wired" are you talking about power or the actual physical line from the intake manifold?

The only wires that these two guages should have in common are power and ground for lights, otherwise they are two different taps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wired together=power(illumination) sorry my fault.

I only have 1 tap and its for a pyro. I dont know if the boost is mech or elect. It came with the Banks six gun/speedloader kit. Maybe its electrical because theres only 1 tap. Well can anyone tell me how this works?

before boost stick gauge read 24-26 psi
boost stick installed and checked twice 18-20 psi
unplug boost stick truck reads 20-22 psi

I guess my question is I actually have more boost than what is read on the gauge? Or could there be something wrong with my gauge?

thanks Shawn

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
off the six gun and it reads it through the Map sensor through the can bus data line

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So its working the correct way thanks CAP & BrianO.

Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.