Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track on Sunday with the HJ, Stealth, new tranny and slicks. The racing was great with a perfect day, maybe just a bit warm.

The Stealth 215 got me anywhere from 13.3 to 13.5 at 100 to 103 mph. The HJ/215 stack got me 13.1 to 13.3 with 102 to 104 mph. I had a hard time getting used to launching with the new slicks as the burnout and getting the boost right is not easy!

All in all the slicks hooked up great but I even smoked those a time or two on the launch when I made too much boost.
I did get a few 1.8 60ft times with the 2WD drive so I was pretty happy!

Here is some photos of me dusting a turbo eclipse. The announcer loved it and said "Look at the big Chevy truck doing a number on the import! 13.2 from the Chevy diesel!"

I waxed several Mustangs and some F-body cars too.
I have some vids but the files are pretty big. If somebody wants to host them let me know.

Thanks,

BMDMAX

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
cool I wish I could have been there........what were the 1/8th mile times?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anywhere from 8.4 to 8.7 seconds. I know I can launch better because I still had a lot of 2 plus sec 60 ft times. I just have to get better at putting it to the ground!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred,

I would email them to you but they are way too big. FTP or someone hosting them for download is the only way I can get them to you.

If anyone has some ideas let me know.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts