Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read all the post about 5th wheel hitches and have put my own in in the past but something looks different now. before i drill can any body post a couple of pics of your rails and under the wheel well so i can see how the brackets look. from what im seeing i will have to get longer brackets and on the rails is it best to drill through on a hump or a valley and use a spacer? either way it looks like a spacer is needed cause the hump on top is the valley under right? any pics would be apprieciated

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been there and the exploded parts view show the frame brackets going oppisite from how i see them going? thanks though

·
Registered
382 Posts
What kind of hitch are you trying to install. A B&W gives you dimensions on where to drill the hole. It is exactly center between the wheel wells but I don't remember how far from the back of the truck.
Also with a B&W there is no need for any spacer. If you are going to put a hitch in with a spacer, please let me know when you are towing in my area and I will stay off of the roads.

I would never try to modify a stock hitch to make it work on a different truck. Spend the $300 and buy something that is made to fit the truck and will work correctly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the same reese 15k swivel head that anybody else has hitch and rails are all the same from what ive been told only the frame brackets may be brand specific which i have gm brackets. all i wanted was a pic cause the exploded parts view show the brackets going on what i think is backwards and will not work that way from what i see. and it will be a long time before i get to WI but thanks for trying

·
Registered
275 Posts
The brackets turn inboard and the rails straddle the bed supports. You can order the custom rail kit for your truck and I believe you do not have to drill the frame on your model.If you have any questions just e-mail me or pm me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
hitch and rails are the same brackets are differant i got mine off a ford then replaced the brackets with new ones also all nuts and bolts . it is not recomended to use the old ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts