Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the best place to buy the factory dvd navigation unit that will work with steering wheel controls...and how much have you spent...and will the dealer install...thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't think you will find a dealer that will install the factory nav for you and it would be way too much money. There is always ebay or some of the vendors like jpcustoms that carry them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ya.. I agree with Winter... go ebay.. get one a plug n'play one for less than $1000.00 install it. They plug right in with the exception of adding a VSS wire which tells the Nav radio that your truck is moving.

Getting a nav radio from a deal must be > $2500?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
your best buying a used one - much more reasonable - post on the wanted section of the market place and let people know if you want Lux or non-Lux, I'm sure you will get a response from someone. Ebay is another place to look if you can't find one here. Typical price for all you need including a disc (minus the VIN unlock cost) will likely be $800 - $1100 depending on condition of the radio and what version disc you get. You really don't need a dealer to install it - it's a 30 minute job first time for most folks, no special tools needed, really very easy to do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i bought one from ebay and im havin problems from it :mad::mad: abt 4 months later . i paid 1100.00 for it ,and the guy i bought it from wont call or email me back !!!! If I had to do it again I would buy it from JpCustoms :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
I got the Delphi TNR 800. Same as factory but does'nt say GM or Chevy on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ya my is the same , butttttttttt they mad sooooooooooo many different models and versions so it so hard to find the right one for the year / platform we all have

·
Registered
591 Posts
ya my is the same , butttttttttt they mad sooooooooooo many different models and versions so it so hard to find the right one for the year / platform we all have
Mine was plug and play no no problems. Ordered stright from Delphi. Cost 1200.00

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Bought mine on ebay. No problems at all. I installed it following the directions in the DIY section for nav install, everything went just like the instructions said it would. I'm actually looking to upgrade to a touchscreen nav unit now but keep getting outbid.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I just bought one last week on ebay $510.00. i am installing this weekend. Will need to get it unlocked.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Installed mine 11-'05. Did the Lux conversion and 6 disc CDX in the console. Knock on wood, it hasn't skipped a beat... Need an updated disc though. New construction since '05 has me out of date. About $1100. total including two 10'' subs behind the rear seat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just bought one last week on ebay $510.00. i am installing this weekend. Will need to get it unlocked.

so it was you i was bidding against :cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
You really don't need a dealer to install it - it's a 30 minute job first time for most folks, no special tools needed, really very easy to do.[/quote]

I'm glad that I had a shop that does custom nav installations, install a factory "Delphi" system in my 07 Classic Dually. I consider myself pretty handy but it sure didn't look like a piece of cake to me.....dash had to be taken apart and unless you know what you're doing it could be a potiential pain in th @ss to install. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I'm glad that I had a shop that does custom nav installations, install a factory "Delphi" system in my 07 Classic Dually. I consider myself pretty handy but it sure didn't look like a piece of cake to me.....dash had to be taken apart and unless you know what you're doing it could be a potiential pain in th @ss to install. Just my opinion.
Set the parking brake, put truick in 1st / low, tilt the column full down, and work around the edges pulling the dash panel around the gauge cluster / radio / HVAC controls off and set it a side - remove the 3 bolts and pull the radio out - unplug everthing - plug in the GPS antenna and wrap it in bubble wrap and stuff it between dash top and duct work above the right corner of the radio hole - plug everything into the new radio and push it in place - put the 3 bolts in and put the gauge cover panel back on (pops into place) and you are done. It can be done in 10 minutes easily if you know what you are doing - 30 minutes includes the extra time for not knowing what you are doing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree, I pulled the aftermarket radio in my 02 in 5 mins. Piece of cake!!!!!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
OK, what's the deal with the Luxe and non Luxe? I ordered an '08 SLT with the bose system, is it going to come with the Luxe or no Luxe? I'd like to upgrade to a Nav system and be able to keep Onstar and things like that? Great thread guys, I didn't even think to check Ebay for one.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I personally don't know what is available in the '07.5 and up trucks. I do know it's different than what we are discussing here. Sorry for the lack of help.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Diesel Day Dreamin,

That sounds like a smokin deal you got on all that stuff. Where did you get it all? I've looked on Ebay and can't come up with anything for the Lux amp, touchscreen Nav unit or anything? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Banned
154 Posts
I just took mine out, I am too used to the Pioneer unit. I had my factory in for approximately 2 weeks, but I do alot of driving and stops and it didnt really fit my needs. Anyways, PM me for a price, new out of a 08'.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts