Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing a leveling kit on my 2017 3500. I used daystar keys and Readylift upper control arms. The process was pretty painless and I have a new alignment machine at work so I played with that and got the truck where I want it. I also installed some PPE stage 3 tie rods. They are very beefy! Next up will be to install a differential lowering kit, but I need to rest up a little first.

I am impressed by the quality of the Readylift upper control arms. I didn't make any adjustments to my camber and everything is well within specs with no adverse effects. I set my toe in to +.02 degrees and truck drives great and tires should wear well. Spec is +.05 degrees, so I set it to slightly less toe in. I raised my truck about 2 inches in the front and installed some spacers in my front shocks and I have my factory ride back. Good investment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info! I just had new keys installed on my '17 2500 to level the front. However, I decided not to replace the UCAs right away and wait to see what the clearance looked like first. After seeing how little down travel I have now, I think the UCAs will probably be replaced as well. I'll check out Ready Lift. I went with Rough Country keys and am happy so far. Overall, the ride is at least as good was it was before. However, I do sometimes think that I feel a little extra vibration in the front suspension after hitting a bump, pothole, etc. that I didn't notice before. But, I'm not positive whether I'm actually feeling more vibration or just paying more attention to it since I had the new keys put in. Either way it doesn't really bother me. I was planning to replace the stock shocks anyway so I'm hoping that makes the vibration a little less noticeable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts