Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I haven't been on the site for a while but its been a year already with my 05'. I want to do some tranny upgrading and wanted to see what are some of my options.

I really did not want to drop $ 4-5K on a new tranny. For starters the converter needs to go! ATS looks like they have a nice 5 clutch unit that I am looking at. I figured if the tranny is down, I mind as well upgrade whatever internals (clutches, piston seals, etc) at that time. Who has a decent kit for such? Also any new options for converters??

Thanks

Howard

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
At the very minimum check over the clutches (especially C3) to make sure they arent burned and go with a TransGo shift kit and triple disc TC... Otherwise you can jump up to a Suncoast III...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to get a kit on order so even if the C3 isn't toast I can put some better parts in it's place.

I assume you have a Suncoast 3 unit?

·
Registered
308 Posts
He's running a Suncoast 4 with the McRat converter. The McRat is a converter designed by suncoast. I believe McRat was a major player in its design and that is how it got its name.

Also give MikeL a call he will answer any questions and do his best to set you in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts