1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
Well it looks pretty fancy, but I wonder if it's just a low pass filter with an amplifier?

I wonder what they are asking for it....

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think around $150.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I heard from my buddy at Specmo that they were looking into something like that , Ill ask and see what its about !

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweetdiesel;1633731; said:
you going to try this?
Eventually I probably will.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I would never spend money on something like this for one reason; you cant get something from nothing!!! You will always be sacrificing something else. I dont get what companies are trying to acomplish with something like this.

The Bose head units dont roll off bass as volume goes up. The NON-BOSE head units do do this. There is no need for something like this on a stock Bose head unit. The line-outs from the Bose headunit are clean and linear. The Bose equaliztion, etc... does NOT happen until the signal gets into the bose amp itself.

but say you used it on a factory non-bose head unit. It says it fixes bass rolloff. Sooo..how...? Does it know what the song originally sounded like? Does it have telepathic powers? :) You can have all the algorithms and computers in the world, but its still not going to be as good as the original source. IMO if you have a Bose head unit, get a PAC AOEM-GM24 and run aftermarket speakers and amps with that. If you have a non-bose head uit, program it to bose, and use an AOEM-GM24.

same thing with those "simulated surround" algorithms. The latest Dolby ProLogic IIx surround (or dts neo 6, whatever dts's algorithm is), sounds pretty good and does an ok job considering it only has two channels to work with.....but even someone who is not knowledgable in home theater stuff is not going to mistake it for discrete multichannel audio. (such as dolby digital or DTS)

I would buy an aftermarket head unit before I would buy one of those things, and you guys know how much I love my factory headunits :D

just my oppinion.

ben

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know ben but there are sure a lot of people saying how amazing they are. We'll see more in a few months I guess.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
I think it's a waste of $$$, I don't see how it can do something that you couldn't do with the right crossovers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.