Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an over supply of fuel to the injectors, and the surplus is recirculated to the fuel tank, or is all of the fuel that comes from the filter used...
to put it another way,
Just wondering if the filter has to filter more diesel than the engine uses due to recirculation, or if all fuel filtered is used at the injectors.
Any ideas...
thank's
foss

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The Duramax uses a return style fuel system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that RaceHemi.....
Do you have any idea how it works?...IE, is there fuel continuously returned to the tank in either small or large amounts?
regards,
foss

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Do you think that your filter is gettin dirty from having to re-filter fuel?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you think that your filter is getting dirty from having to re-filter fuel?
((OH...I should mention that this question is in connection with the 2006 Duramax LBZ engine))

No...just interested....more with regard to fuel additives really...wondering if some type of natural mixing takes place if additives are added via the fuel line...ie would some make it back to the tank...

I do realise that over the full tank, only the tank full is filtered, but the last fuel in the tank may have been filtered more than the first just after filling and over the course of the tank the filter filters more volume throughput than what was put into the tank...

All of that is of course if some fuel is returned....I was also wondering if some type of rail cooling would be done via the fuel bypass.

Regards,
foss

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump.
Does anyone know the answer to my question please which is "Is there a fuel return line on the LBZ"
I did see somewhere on this forum that there was no fuel return line which I thought strange
foss

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
There is a return, and it passes through a cooler before being put back in the tank. The cooler is mounted just ahead of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm not sure on the LBZ, but look under your truck at the front of the fuel tank. There should be a guarded cooling radiator for the fuel return line. Thanks Max, I type slow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the answer aketay and Max, but it is here that I must confess that I dont have my LBZ yet...
I live in Australia and there is quite a process to go through to get one...ie conversion and import.
However it is happening.
foss

I'm not sure on the LBZ, but look under your truck at the front of the fuel tank. There should be a guarded cooling radiator for the fuel return line. Thanks Max, I type slow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.