Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a followup! After several days at GM dealer, they could find no Diesel fluid. But, they just idled it, not under load as when I had the worst case! They said a engine vent tube is on the Drivers side! Can someone tell me ? Is this a vent of the valve cover or is it a crankcase vent? Is their one on each side ? If its the valve cover, then underload, maybe its fluid leaking in a fuel line on that side! Im taking it to a Diesel shop tomorrow so the answer is very important to me! Thanks for your help! Dan

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
They should command maximum fuel pressure with a Tech 2 and check for leaks. It sounds like your leak only shows up at high fuel pressure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again for your help ! Im taking it to a Diesel shop next town over tomorrow and talk to them! Ill be sure they have a Tech2 to pressure up the system! The idea im getting is that I smell the Diesel on the drivers side because thats where the crankcase vent tube is located. But the problem could be from either bank of injectors or both! Ive only driven 1068 miles since purchasing vehicle 6/30 so Im smelling the problem and not seeing a oil level increase due to low miles driven with only once under load towing a 8000 lb 5th wheel! Make sense ? Dan

·
Registered
994 Posts
Actually, I believe the crankcase vent tube is located on the passenger side. The tube is green in color, located near the front of the engine. I have added an extension onto mine to vent the fumes below the engine. In any event, I have never smelled diesel, just strange oil smells after an oil change. Looks as if something else is wrong with your DMAX.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My '03 has a vent going to the bottom of the engine that is on the passenger side. Either way, the vent does not smell like diesel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts