Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my tune sorted out, or at least making very good progress as far as being very good power and almost no smoke at WOT. But every tune I've tried has a rattle when you dip into the throttle quickly, say 1/2 throttle or more. The stock tune didn't really do it, or was at least a lot less noticeable. Is this a function of too much timing/fuel/boost? It also puffs smoke for a second or so, then has just a very light haze if any from there on out during a run.

My question is if this is normal, or damaging to the truck. And can it be reduced (the rattle and the smoke) and if so what should I be changing.

Jody

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Sounds like the fuel is coming on strong at the start and giving you the rattle. My pulling tune does that on the street and I know it loads it pretty hard on the initial shot.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the fuel is coming on strong at the start and giving you the rattle. My pulling tune does that on the street and I know it loads it pretty hard on the initial shot.

Is that hard on the motor?

Jody

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I don't like it. I've been able to fix it with the B0751 and B0752 tables on my LLY. I'm not sure if you have an equivalent.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Is that hard on the motor?

Jody
Not quite sure how much stress it puts on the motor/turbo. I'm sure it's not ideal on either.:D Look at your fueling tables and your torque based fuel and play with those a bit and see what you get. Lowering them might get you better responsiveness too.

I'm sure someone that has done some LBZ/LMM tunes on here would be happy to take a look at it. I don't know them as well as the LLY and LB7.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It's also washing the cylinder walls with fuel. Log it, that is the best way to see what's going on and what to do to fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts