Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im putting my new revos on my truck tomorrow, 285 75 R16, i want to raise the front of the truck to make it look better of course, give me some suggestions on what to do, how many turns etc.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You may not have to raise it, but I wouldn't raise it more than 5-6 turns. That would be a good starting point. I know on my truck it really affected the ride quality and not better either. My truck is almost level with that. I think the front is about 1" lower than the rear. Also, it isn't a bad idea to get the alignment checked after raising the torsion bars. It will be a little easier to crank the bars if the front wheels are off the ground too.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
If you raise it:
1. Jack up the front end to take the weight off the front end first.
2. Crank the bars as desired...but I'd recommend to make sure you still have about and inch of travel before hitting the top, hard stops and up about a 1/4 inch off the lower rubber bump stops. Best compromise so it's higher/more level and you suspension can still work. Worked out on mine so the front is now only about an inch lower than the rear and completely level hauling my boat.
...works out to 5-7 turns for most of us.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not wanting the truck exactly level, im having the local Co-op put on my tires for me, i figured while its in the air, go ahead and rasie the front a little...so if i have him turn the bars 4 maybe 5 times it should take the truck up maybe 2 or 3 inches?? Im not wanting to hurt anything, i just want the bold look of the front stance like on my 01. Im definantly going to watch them when they do it (they dont mind there customers hangin around in the shop). Ive also heard that the dealer will not calibrate you speedo to you correct tire size?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
4 or 5 turns should be about an inch or a little less. I believe that if you crank them all the way you should be able to get between 2-3" of lift. I had a tire shop crank mine since they were going to have to do an alignment anyway. They cranked them all the way....really bad angles on the ball joints and tie rod ends. The ride was so harsh I had them lower them the next day. Frost heaves and stiff front end don't mix. I think I am just above stock height and the ride is pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts