·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about diesel/big block vs standard engine bay & dog house
The right side door can be sliding or 60/40 hinged
The left side door can be 60/40 hinged or none
135" wheelbase vs 155" wheel base
Cargo vs passenger... that's the easy stuff.

Today I was looking for an AWD front crossmember and found this:

Didn't really look too weird until I saw this:

Right side body glass only? That's a first for me.
It's a 2007 per the site... I snagged the VIN so I can look up the RPOs.

Link to the page:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Probably a special request from some utility company.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Prob a mistake😂

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes, you could order the half cargo, half window van right from GM. RPO A08 WINDOW,BODY GLASS,RH SIDE RH BODY GLS(A08). Not sure if still available for new vans. Those are rare. Here is a pic of a 2003 Sportsmobile conversion like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you could order the half cargo, half window van right from GM. RPO A08 WINDOW,BODY GLASS,RH SIDE RH BODY GLS(A08). Not sure if still available for new vans. Those are rare. Here is a pic of a 2003 Sportsmobile conversion like this.
Funky. Were these A08 and E26 bodies all 135" wheelbase?

I was wondering about body glass on just the forward section of the left side, with the right side and rear section of the left side paneled.
Combine with windowed doors and just the first row bench seat to make a "crew van". I guess GM never built one like that, though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have also wondered for a bit about whether it was ever possible to order an E26 (left side doors) and YA2 (Sliding right side door) on the same van. Add A08 to build the complete Dr Seuss van

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still think it was an individual order. Or perhaps some offices are engaged in the reconstruction of such cars. You requested the vin check report, didn't you? I just now make a comparison of Carfax vs Epicvin and choose how the service is better, because I constantly use them

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just grabbed the VIN against the possibility of looking up what RPO's it was built with, but atementy already knew what it was.

I guess there was never an option for partial body glass on the forward portion of the left side.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about the woman from the movie "Total Recall"

·
Registered
308 Posts
Partial window was never an option, but I have seen someone grab the glass from a sliding door and install it on the LH side. Turned out pretty nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts