Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my truck is a 2001 LB7 and every once in a while if i go to pull out of somewhere at a dead stop it sputters and almost dies. It doesn't do it on a normal basis at all, and maybe only once a month...but it seems like its just about to die and then comes back to life and runs great. No wierd noises, no hard starts, runs great plenty of power, no smoke except for a little black when you get on it:ro). I just dont know what would cause this and if I should be worried. By the way I change the fuel filter very often and the truck is maintained regulary. Any input on this would be great, I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot guys and just want to say how helpful this site is!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I know you stated you change it often, but I would start with the filter, m aybe you got a bad tank of fuel. If not that, have the injectors ever been done?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the truck with about 65,000 miles on it and now it has 102,000. They havent been replaced since I owned it but im not sure about before.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
For some reason you do not suspect the Juice w/'tude? What version? Reason being others are reporting the same ~ but don't experience the symptom when disconnected. Maybe run w/o it for awhile and see if you experience the same issue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx guys, ill give it a try...even though it will suck to drive around stock for a while. Im not sure what version it is, should say it on it, right?

·
Registered
633 Posts
My new, replacement edge juice does this very thing. Mine was much more frequent. Started on the first day I installed it. Has done it now for a couple days. Unplugged the box and back in contact with edge.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i would try the filter mine kind of did the same thing i changed the fuel filter and it quit, just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts