Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, First post here but ive been a member for a while,im kinda new at the diesel thing but theres alot of great help here so i thought i would ask.... A couple weeks ago my truck randomly stalled 2 times in two weeks. But it only did it when, 1. going from reverse to drive, 2. when it was less than 25 degress out, and 3. it stalled only once i touched the throttle in drive to go foward.:confused: Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated and thanks alot for your guys help, mods are all in my sig too

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely the Edge...Had the very same and it has been replaced twice now. Still love the Juice though.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
GMAN915A,

Do you recall the version number and manufacture date of the Edge
products that went bad? I'm currently waiting for my replacement and
the data on my Edge was:

EJC1000
S/N 10025221
Version 4.81i
Date of Manuf. 4/21/2004

·
Registered
514 Posts
GMAN915A,

Do you recall the version number and manufacture date of the Edge
products that went bad? I'm currently waiting for my replacement and
the data on my Edge was:

EJC1000
S/N 10025221
Version 4.81i
Date of Manuf. 4/21/2004
This is the version some had a later date like 10/04 but still the same problems with shut down. I am on my third box and am awaiting back order on the new version. Called again yesterday and they are trying to fill all of the RMA's by early next week..Good luck. Still love the edge and their awesome customer service...Jim

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine did the same thing back last summer. I was told the juice was to blame, but I never really looked into it too much because it only happened just that one time.

·
Registered
600 Posts
My truck has done that 3 or 4 times in three years. :eek: Don't know why, but seems to always do it as i am pulling out from somewhere. Just flatlines. Then starts right up and never misses a beat.:confused:

·
Registered
310 Posts
JABS,

You're on your 3rd box??? I'm assuming they are giving you a different
version everytime.

I just got off the phone with Edge Products and confirmed that my EAC1000
(monitor) is compatible with the EJC1001 that they are sending me...early
next week as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot for your help guys, at least it might not be anything major, this site has the best info for anything, keep up the great work!!!!:ro)

·
Registered
514 Posts
JABS,

You're on your 3rd box??? I'm assuming they are giving you a different
version everytime.

I just got off the phone with Edge Products and confirmed that my EAC1000
(monitor) is compatible with the EJC1001 that they are sending me...early
next week as well.
Reyb,

Ver 4.81 all of them. Some different manufacture dates. Edge advised me that the capacitors or some internal chip would fail when it gets hot. Well In Az it is summer all of the time...Major bummer when they fail as it makes the entire truck act funky. I just unplug and wait for a new one. Do not want it to hurt the ECM or other component like the tranny. Waiting for my new one.....Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
You would think that they would be able to test what they are replacing such
that they can have an idea of how reliable it will be....beta testers...ahhh. ; )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts