Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one used the rancho shocks adjustable 9000
on there truck.

fd1627
2006 lbz 2x2 crew cab

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have them and love them great for daily driving, towing, racing, pulling I definatly recamend

·
Registered
435 Posts
I, too, run them. Good shock, great for dialing right in to just what setting you need.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I used them several years ago, but they would not hold up for my use, but were a lot better than Edelbrock IAS which lasted about 7,000 miles before blowing. Rancho 9000 went about 15,000 miles for me. Good shock, but in my severe high speed rough road use only the Bilsteins have held up. Oh yea, several years ago (20?) I ran a shock called Deusch Tec for Baja and abusive desert use, and it was fantastic, but expensive. Still have never had a Bilstein fail and one truck I sold has a set on it with about 300,000 miles on them (last 200,000 towing horse trailers, much easier use than I put it to).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I used them on my Ford Expedition for a few years and the adjustability set to firm made a huge difference in towing, but that was probably because of the mushy 1/2 ton suspension. I would have bought them for my GMC but everybody was recommending Bilstein so I went that way. I do miss the adjustablity and would be interested to hear if it worked the other way and softened the ride for the 3/4 ton.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use the 9000 on my truck also with no problems. have had bilstiens before on several trucks but there is no adjustability.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have them on my gasser, and they are pretty good. I like the adjustability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts