Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
isnt there 2 different shocks for the 2500hd....? some for torq bumped up and some not bumped up? i think i remember reading that on here before....well if anybody know...which is which

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
there are several different sizes, for lifts. stock replacment then jumps to 4 inch over from there. I have the stock length and cranked two inches, no problems for about a year. some 4wd shops who do this mod install the 4" over shock. my worry would be full compression adn bottoming out.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
rickles04 said:
isnt there 2 different shocks for the 2500hd....? some for torq bumped up and some not bumped up? i think i remember reading that on here before....well if anybody know...which is which

Yes, the ones for stock will accommodate up to 2" of lift. There is another issue ~ the fronts for the 2500/2500HD are different and the ones recently specified for the HD actually have a shorter throw/spec so while its a personal choice, I went for the 2500 instead and love the ride not to mention the adjustability

Might be worth talking to samsoffroad.com ~ they also had the best prices when I boughtEdited by: ShumDit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts