Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on Ranch Hand grille guards but didn't get the answers I was looking for. Does anyone have one? how do you like it? how does it fit with a bug deflector? Does it reduce air flow through radiator? is it still easy to access the engine compartment? :ro)

Thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a full replacement ranch hand grille gaurd, and I personally think that it was one of the best things I have put on my truck. They are expensive, but worth it. The one I had on my old truck actually saved my life in the wreck I was in. You can still use a bug deflector without any problems, and it doesn't reduce the air flow at all. Also the engine compartment is just as accessible as before. it actually makes it nice when you need to get into the engine because you have something to stand on. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have a Ranch Hand grille gaurd on my truck. I really like it. I don't hbave a bug deflector, but it sits away from the truck enough that I don't see how it would interfere with a bug deflector. I haven't performed any tests so I can't say, but I don't think it would cause any problems with air flow. As far as access to the engine compartment, I have the same sentiments as codythom. Check out my garage for pictures.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also have the bumper grillgaurd replacement and love it. Now when deer run out of the ditch they take one look at it and run like hell back into the ditch.:joke: Haven't noticed any cooling problems and I have a bug gaurd on hood also. I very good investment!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ranch hands are great if you get the full replacement but just the grill guard without the whole replacement are not that great for deer. I build all my grill guards and don't use a full replacement but it ties to the frame stronger than the full replacements do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts