Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these bumpers on their trucks? If so what do you think about them and do you have any pics?

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
I just bought a set for my GMC. I think they are a bargain for the money. I got the front Bullnose and the rear Cowboy bumpers for little more than what most other maufacturers charge for just a front with the same options. Plus I think having a hitch reciever on the front bumper is worth it alone. I like having to option of using a hitch on the front and rear of the truck and removing it when I don't need it. The only thing I did to the bumpers was reinforce the edges as they are made of 1/8" steel diamondplate and I wanted them stronger for close encounters. I also plan to coat both bumpers with a bedliner material, when I get some pics I'll post them. Edited by: BERK

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have tough coutry deluxe front end replacement after I hit a deer going 70 mph my chrome brushguard did not do much

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the Maverick brand, and I also coated them with bedliner. Will try and post a picture tomorrow along with a website for the company.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
dieselbulldog said:
Anyone have the ranch hand bullnose bumper?

I meant Bullnose front, my bad...

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a Tough Country front end replacement and rear bumper replacement, both covered with Line-X. IMHO, there is no comparison between what Ranch Hand sells now, and Tough Country. When I was in the market, I looked at a good half dozen manufacturers (visited most, as there seems to be a lot located in Texas for some odd reason?) before I settled on Tough Country.

Tough Country's are manufactured an hour southeast of Houston, so I was able to check them out personally before purchasing. Also was able to have them make some minor modifications to their standard design prior to fabricating mine.

If interested in Tough Country, try to find a distributor, and negotiate the price. Buying directly from Tough Country means paying MSRP. I got mine from Discount Hitch in Houston, and saved 20% after negotiations.

Strongly recomend getting them lined with your bed liner material of choice. Might cost a little more upfront, but you won't have to worry about "paint" peeling, or rust.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Houston, Do you have any pics? I'm finding out many aftermarket bumpers wrap around the fender but leave the bottom of the inner fender exposed. I understand it's for big tire clearance but looks cheesy to me. Thanx.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
4whln said:
Here's the pictures of my 02 and 03 with the Maverick brand bumpers after being Line-X'ed. Also their website.

http://www.mavtruk.com/mavtruk_com/door/

http://members12.clubphoto.com/andrea557596/2212030/owner-e532.phtml

Shweet... I considered using Line-X on the bumpers among other things but they want too much money. What did they charge you for that? I'm going to do it myself with Wurth Hi-Build. It dries smoother than Line-X and it's alot cheaper. I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks!

For the inside of the bed, rockers, bedrails, nerf bars, fender flares, front and rear bumpers $1400 is what it cost me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was a lot cheaper than what the body shop was goign to charge to paint/repair to get rid of the door dings on the bottom of the doors and rock rash from the dually fenders on my 02. So when I bought the 03, I just went ahead and put it on from the start to prevent these things... and make it look cool!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been doing some research on the Ranch Hands and Frontier front replacements. From what I've found out the Frontier's are 75 pounds lighter and just as strong and look the same. That'll be much easier on that front suspension.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Look on the Ranch Hand website, I believe it's www.ranchhand.com . If not, a google search should find it. My "94 has worn a Ranch Hand rear bumper for 7 or 8 years. I got tired of straightening the cheesy factory bumper every time someone backed into me, or I backed into something. The Ranch Hand is whole lot cheaper than the bodywork it'll take to fix that final crunch. Looked all over and at that time couldn't find anything nearly as sturdy...it's about bulletproof. As I remember, the frame mounts are 1/2" plate and the supplied fasteners are grade 8. The new '04 Chev will likely get one, unless there's something better. They make a nice looking dually rear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts