Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok so my truck ran out of gas, and i dont knwo what to do..yea yeah spare me the blonde jokes and bs i just ned actual help please. so i put 5 gallons in it, yet it still wont start, and the gas gauge is reading that there is gas in there. the needle is finally above the orange. so please anyone help me

anyone????

·
Registered
594 Posts
You'll need to prime the pump. (The primer on top of the fuel filter.) If you have the owner's manual, it will show the location and what to do.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
i love you guys....im off to go do this...hope it works....thank you sooooo much

next time you are all in Pacifica, CA let me knwo beers are on me..

JOsh

thanks guys i got it working, goodnight

·
Registered
795 Posts
your truck will not run on gas. it runs on diesel fuel

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
jevanb;1598481; said:
your truck will not run on gas. it runs on diesel fuel
Couldn't resist? I knew it was coming.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
GMC2500HD;1598511; said:
Glad you got it running. Nice to know that we have members on here around the clock...
You can sleep when your dead, Im always told.;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
hey, since you had to prime it, that puts you that much closer to changing your own fuel filter. just a few more steps before the priming portion and you are there.

glad you got it running again. You might not want to run the truck too low on fuel. that's the easiest way to get junk in the filter especially when not running any additives.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Joshs2006HD;1598451; said:
Ok so my truck ran out of gas, and i dont knwo what to do..yea yeah spare me the blonde jokes and bs i just ned actual help please. so i put 5 gallons in it, yet it still wont start, and the gas gauge is reading that there is gas in there. the needle is finally above the orange. so please anyone help me

anyone????
I for one will spare you the blond jokes if you stop using the friggin word that rhymes with a**. You have a diesel engine that runs on diesel fuel and like other posts told you,don't let your level get so low---that actually is a blond thing{sorry}.I always try for half full or more,especially now with the condensation turning to ice with the more air space you allow in your tank.Glad you're fixed up brother.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts