Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got my front end crunched on Tuesday, need new bumper,grill ,hood. I need your help in choosing between ram air & cowl hood, or just stay with stock.

Hoot I feel your pain

Here are some pictures:
GOODMARK STEEL 2" COWL HOOD

GOOD HOOD FUNCTIONAL RAM AIR

Thanks,

Diesel 5Edited by: DIESEL 5

·
Registered
7 Posts
I vote for the Ram Air !!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigRed,

The Ram Air is fiberglass and it is functional. Do you see any problems with that??

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoot,

Looks great

Which is it? Goodmark?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
BIG BUCKS

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they make it for a duramax?

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
First off, you're killing me dude..no more toys for you!
Get a stock hood, Ratdoc has one.

Did your truck turn into a Germexican Ram? It appears that they only make the hoods to fit those. Am I missing something here?

D5SUKS

Ox

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ox,

Relax don't turn this tread into "The War Room"

Anyway its the Holiday Season I gotta get more toys.

Which one does RatDoc has?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I want a hood for my 04 chevy, but I cant seem to find one I like. I love the one with the flameds out gmc. Is there one for me?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hoot,

I'm assuming that you have cowl induction. Have you modified the underside of the hood in any way to direct air to the turbo? Any problems with rain? Has anyone modified the air supply snorkel to gain greater air volume?

What are the best methods for increasing air volume delivery to the 6.5TD?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hired Gun said:
I want a hood for my 04 chevy, but I cant seem to find one I like. I love the one with the flameds out gmc. Is there one for me?

Hired Gun, What do you think adout this one?

Sorry for the bad paint job.
Do a google search for Reflexxion. I will have one on my truck as soon as the wife cools down about the Juice with Tude.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I had a 4inch Harwood fiberglass cowl scoop molded into my factory hood by a friend who has a body shop and I think it looks awsome. The reason I did it this way is because all of the aftermarket hoods dont have the bulge in the front that the HD's have, plus I think 4inches is a lot meaner lookin than 2 1/2........and I think that bulge is what separates a Hd from a 1500 in looks (unless you have a GMC then you dont have a bulge to begin with)......from the font anyway........Cost was about the same as buying a whole hood and getting it painted. Edited by: 1bad01

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I'm pretty sure Ratdoc has the steel Goodmark you posted above. Looks pretty smooth, check the CT Dyno Day III pics for pics or ask Hootie if he has some. I really ment for you to buy his stock hood though.

Ox

P.S. I still hate you!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ox,

Thanks for the info, I LOVE YOU TOO.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hoot - Is your hood a Goodmark or a Reflexxion?

Hired Gun - Reflexxion just started shipping the cowl hood for the 03-04. The have two other versions that may have shipped or will soon.

As far as fiberglass, I have yet to see one that lasted more than a couple of years without problems. I've seen them warp, and in a couple of cases the top layer delaminated. Going down the highway losing a 5x6 chunk of Fiberglass is not good. There may be some good glass hoods out there but if steel is an option, I feel it is a better choice.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Mine is Goodmark. The bodyshop purchased it. Not sure what they paid. The cost got swallowed up into my tree damage repair. No extra cost to me.

Right now it's set up factory stock. No air intake.

Ratdoc has the same hood.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts