Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this question for a friend, so I hope I can answer any additional questions without him.

He has a '05 C1500 with the AM/FM/XM/CD/Tape head unit. He is trying to plug in one of those cassette deck adaptors to run an external audio source (he is plugging in a laptop to play dvd's) found at any Radio Shack or elect. store. The radio keeps spitting out the tape- won't play it. He tried it in a friend's Expedition, works fine, it worked fine in his previous truck ('02 C1500). A normal cassette works fine in his radio, but it will not let the cassette adaptor work. Any ideas why??

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Make sure both wheels or "sprockets" (dummy tape spools) move freely. If it senses resistance, it will flip-flop back and forth. Another thing to check for is that the wire is positioned in a way that allows it to insert correctly. Before I changed mine out, I had slight trouble getting it to "play".

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the sprockets turn, I did ask him that, but I do wonder about the wire thing. I can remember mine a long long time ago was figgity like that.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update; he went and bought a new cassette adaptor, all is well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts