Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I fry my lux amp when I installed the non lux TNR? I tried putting my stock bose radio back in while I sent the tnr out to Dan to get reprogrammed. Yesterday while trying to get the TNR which I did not know at the time was non lux to work, we did somethings with the tech 2 that maybe we shouldn't have, like recalibrate the amp for a denali or escalade. Anyways I went up there today to try and just reprogram the whole thing over again for the lux amp and bose 6 disc in dash radio. I guess what I need to know is, what are the most current calibration numbers?? We couldn't find the two in the TIS system for fixing no audio output to speakers. It wouldn't let us select anything else, because under operating system there was only 1 calibration and it started with 152 something. Anyways I need help. Hoping you guys can help me out.

Tim

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
http://duramax.onlinedesk.net/navinstall/THEFTLOCK CLEAR PROCEDURE.html

If you did this procedure for the new radio, and still no sound, I hesitate to suggest that someone is going to give you some bad news. I recall in the early days, "Linda" did this same thing, and many more followed. Was there ever a resolution to amps that mysteriously went bye-bye?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the chimes still work.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not putting the navigation back in. Building a house so I need to sell it. Should have never bought it in the 1st place. The stock bose radio is whats not working now. I live not to far from Ben, I may have to make a road trip to see if he can help me out.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it now appears the amp may be junk. I just went to get in my truck and the amp is no longer working. If anyone has any for sale or knows where I can get this fixed that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should of said the chimes are no longer working. Its funny I was watching the display on the radio and as I was watching, the EQ3 symbol dissapeared in front of me. Radio shows no volume control when turning the knob. All steering wheel functions except volume work. What to do what to do.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've already read that. Something else must be wrong, because the chimes worked fine this morning with the factory radio back in, but maybe parts of the amp were already going. Nothing really works on the radio anymore now either. Cant adjust the bass or treble or volume. This is ****ty.-:t

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Machomachodan would be your best help right now, Ben too.

I think you fried it, If your lucky maybe it went into a safety mode? Are any fuses blown? Keep us posted. I hate to see this happen to a fellow member, but how else do we learn?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope I didn't see any fuses blown. I'm hoping the guys chime in on this as well.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Ok, so are you guys now saying NOT to test a non-LUX radio before reprogramming? If so..I will get those instructions changed this weekend. Why didn't anyone PM me about this???????

Iceman...the proper programs are in the UC6/LUX install PDF....towards the end.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Ok, so are you guys now saying NOT to test a non-LUX radio before reprogramming? If so..I will get those instructions changed this weekend. Why didn't anyone PM me about this???????

Iceman...the proper programs are in the UC6/LUX install PDF....towards the end.
I think you're good Tom, Just add a phrase of caution... Is the radio verified lux or not?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I'll get them changed this weekend then....

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Do I assume correctly, that somehow these amps are not revivable? Just doesn't seem right. It's not like anything smokes???

Boy someone could make a lot of money.
Yeah... Maybe someone could donate their fried amp to an electronics expert to do an autopsy on. Then maybe we could come to a conclusion on whether to lay them to rest or resuscitate. At $350.+ a pop, someone could clean house repairing these.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I don't know where to go from here really. I wish I could put those programs in like you said Tom, but they were not able to be selected on the TIS. I dont know. Sometimes I wonder why I can't leave things alone.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Yeah I don't know where to go from here really. I wish I could put those programs in like you said Tom, but they were not able to be selected on the TIS. I dont know. Sometimes I wonder why I can't leave things alone.
Those programs ARE accessable using YOUR VIN and your radio Part Number. At worst, take in a VIN from a same-year Denali and have them look up the programs using that and your radio part number.

You are dealing with a Tech/dealer unwilling to help you...find another dealer.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, dealer is really cool actually. If I could get a vin# that would help out a lot. Don't you think my amp is shot though?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I recommend looking on AutoTrader for a Denali...you can find a VIN there.

To address your other question of "Do I not think the amp is shot", After Ben posted about some amps "reawakening" with new programming, it just made me think that maybe these amps may have a protection circuit built in. Certainly better to try to wake it up for $50 than have to go out and spend money on a new amp.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts