Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent road trip my CD player suddenly stopped working and displayed "disk error". I ejected the CD and it was pretty damn warm. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? After not using the radio for a while it decided to cooperate, but still acts up every now and then. It's the stock unit and has never given me any problems before now.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
On a recent road trip my CD player suddenly stopped working and displayed "disk error". I ejected the CD and it was pretty damn warm. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? After not using the radio for a while it decided to cooperate, but still acts up every now and then. It's the stock unit and has never given me any problems before now.
Mine does the same thing. A cd will start skipping and when I eject it the thing is quite hot. Let the radio cool down and bit and it works fine.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mine does this too... Will start skipping real bad first, then I get the 'check cd' thing. I bought a cleaning CD and it hasn't done it since, but I haven't been on the road for hours and hours like I usually am. I figured it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Yeap mine does it too. Buttons get hot as well. I do have it cranked up. Wonder if volume plays aprt?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Is is happening at night or daytime?

During the dark hours, turn down the dash lights a bit. Those displays run HOT when the dash lights are turned all the way up.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I noticed my Nav Unit fan runs when the DVD is in it. When ejected, the fan turns off (the cooling fan, that is). Sometimes the fan will come on with no DVD/CD in it (thermostatically controlled?). I've only seen the disc error 3 or 4 times in the last few months. I eject it and reload, all is good then. It's winter time though... may be different when the hot weather comes.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Nav headunit fan runs on mine also. With or without the nav rom in/playing. These headunits run a little warm and with the display lights on high, even warmer.

At least the Nav unit has a fan. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts