Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 GMC Classic. More often than not my radio (Bose system) will not play sound after I turn on the truck. Sometimes it starts to play after a few minutes other times it may take up to 30. I think it is a bad connection and want to upgrade the radio. All other functions on the radio work. Could this be in the head or is there a separate amp for the sound?

· Administrator
26,950 Posts
If you have the Bose system there should be an amp and what I would suspect as the issue
(y)

Reactions: tbensor

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So would replacing the head do away with the amp? I plan on getting a steering wheel controller so they still function

· Administrator
26,950 Posts
So would replacing the head do away with the amp? I plan on getting a steering wheel controller so they still function
I believe the amp is a separate unit by the subwoofer.

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Administrator
26,950 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
No sub in 07 classic Bose system, amp is mounted underneath side of the center console. When no audio is the radio powered on, do the volume etc buttons still function just no sound?

· Premium Member
18,487 Posts
Different symptoms, but, still the first place I'd look for an issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: OkDually

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No sub in 07 classic Bose system, amp is mounted underneath side of the center console. When no audio is the radio powered on, do the volume etc buttons still function just no sound?
Yes everything else works. Including up and down on volume

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would say its most likely the amp.
So if I replace the radio with aftermarket, will I neEd to replace the amp too?

· Registered
22 Posts
The radio aftermarket radio will put out its own audio signal the amp wont be needed however you will have to rewire the speaker circuits at the amp so they no longer go through the amp. Or replace the amp may find a used one easy enough.

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The radio aftermarket radio will put out its own audio signal the amp wont be needed however you will have to rewire the speaker circuits at the amp so they no longer go through the amp. Or replace the amp may find a used one easy enough.
Thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts