Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some suggestions!!! Bought an 05 wrecked truck and the front radiator frame on the passengers side is pushed down about 1/2 inch. On the radiator there is a top piece and the bottom support and the bottom support is about 1/2 wide and comes up to the top support on the side, well it pushed it down right on the edge where the fender bolts on too....Sorry but I don't have any picture!!! Did someone ever straighten one out before...sure looks like you could straighten it out...a new one costs over $400...Thanks for any suggestions you might have, Jonathan

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well, if you bought a wrecked truck, I expect you have some knowledge/experience with how to repair one. The radiator support is aluminum, you may be able to pull it into shape on the frame rack. Or pick up a used one for a couple hundred.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I was hoping to leave it on the truck and straighten it somehow thatway...then I won't have to take the whole radiator frame off

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
pull it under a tree and use a comealong with a branch. That might pull it up.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
duramaxdavid;1596417; said:
pull it under a tree and use a comealong with a branch. That might pull it up.
Okay...sounds like fun :). Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
Keep in mind that the radiator support is the heart of the front end. If it's not right, don't expect the fenders, headlamps, etc to line up properly.... :)

John

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Buy a new or used core support from a truck with no front end damage. I tried straightening one by bending it back out about 1" and it snapped like a twig. Made from cheesy aluminum.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Definitely replace it. The aluminum wont straighten right and then the front end won't line up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts