Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet 3500 Silverado Classic LWB crew cab,dually, Kennedy dual pumps, , Donaldson filters
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.
After researching the specifications for the PFF50216 , I have noticed there seems to be no current ( let's say within the last year).information. If there are vendors who are selling this filter here, I would like to request documentation from the Racor company. Micron rating, efficiency, and test standard used for verification. Some documentation on Racor letterhead and or on Racor paperwork.
I am looking for facts, not hear say not opinions.
I exchanged multiple emails today with Racor tech today. To say I am extremely disappointed, is a understatement.
If any members have current written documents please enlighten the rest of us.
Please guys the facts and nothing but the facts.
L8R

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
Screenshot_20210222-193117_Drive.jpg

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet 3500 Silverado Classic LWB crew cab,dually, Kennedy dual pumps, , Donaldson filters
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey McCall
Thank you.
Makes me wonder why Racor tech would not divulge that to me.
That brochure is from May 2009, do not if the filter has been updated since then.
The rep would only confirm that Racor is no longer the AC Delco TP3018 supplier. He would not relay any spec, other than it is made in the US.
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hey McCall
Thank you.
Makes me wonder why Racor tech would not divulge that to me.
That brochure is from May 2009, do not if the filter has been updated since then.
The rep would only confirm that Racor is no longer the AC Delco TP3018 supplier. He would not relay any spec, other than it is made in the US.
Thanks again
you take a screen shot of the above brochure and attach it to an email and send it to the tech.say,thanks,I found the info on the internet,whats the big secret.

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
You can see that it was on the very first page of Google search.
Screenshot_20210222-215142_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Mccall (y)
Date on box is May 2009, almost 12 yrs ago. I have not seen anything with a more recent date.
Looking back thru the older posts, some have made comments about the specs and have commented about Racor tech.
If someone has a different contact for them , please post it.
I contacted [email protected] today. I was told they could not release any specs. The only thing he did say was yes Racor PFF50216 is made by Racor, and yes it is made in the USA. And no they no longer manufacturer the TP 3018.
I do think Racor makes a good filter, however when they will not release manufacturing specs for filter comparison , why?
Have they recently downgraded the filter, to save money.
Again thanks:)

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
This one list the test performed and %
Screenshot_20210222-224729_Drive.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)(y) Fine print in bottom left of last pic shows 2012 getting better.
Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you take a screen shot of the above brochure and attach it to an email and send it to the tech.say,thanks,I found the info on the internet,whats the big secret.

(y)Yes Sir, did that this morning.
Yip you guessed it no reply.!
I have tried going to another source , I'm I'm to obtain some information.
Waiting for them to reply.
We will wait and see. :unsure:
L8R

Reactions: gmc502

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
There is no updated specs because it is still the same filter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duane
Thanks for the reply. As I said before I believe their filter is as good as we are going to for the money spent, and while researching the others there is not much left to choose from. I must say for all the emails back and forth to other filter manufacturers in regards to filter specs Racor Tech was the absolute worst .With all of the info already published and available why do they not acknowledge yes we are still producing the filter to those specs.
I will say the Donaldson Co. is probably the best for customer service.
I am waiting to see if one other email is returned, however I will not hold my breath.
Thanks to all who replied. (y)

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
That is one of the frustrating things when contacting big companies is usually the first line of defense is low paid people with possibly not much knowledge of the product. They are there to keep the keep the smart people working and not wasting time answering our dumb questions. Every year with more mergers and buyouts happening it seems to be getting worse. It has been a couple of years since I last talked to someone at Racor but at that time the person was very helpful.
But as for an OEM replacement fuel filter I think the Racor is the best.

Reactions: Ben A Gonna

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is one of the frustrating things when contacting big companies is usually the first line of defense is low paid people with possibly not much knowledge of the product. They are there to keep the keep the smart people working and not wasting time answering our dumb questions. Every year with more mergers and buyouts happening it seems to be getting worse. It has been a couple of years since I last talked to someone at Racor but at that time the person was very helpful.
But as for an OEM replacement fuel filter I think the Racor is the best.
Yip I agree. I will say if the tech people @ Donaldson did not have the answer, they knew who did and I received the information the next day. That's the kind of Co. I like to do business with. Unfortunately their fuel filter for the stock location is not quite as good, and definitely more expensive. I do use their filter in front of the lift pump and am waiting for their new oil filter.
Thanks to all (y)
L8R

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yip I agree. I will say if the tech people @ Donaldson did not have the answer, they knew who did and I received the information the next day. That's the kind of Co. I like to do business with. Unfortunately their fuel filter for the stock location is not quite as good, and definitely more expensive. I do use their filter in front of the lift pump and am waiting for their new oil filter.
Thanks to all (y)
L8R
That is good to hear about Donaldson answering questions and being helpful. Donaldson never made a OEM filter for the Duramax. The first one was a Racor and now they are using that plastic Wix and each time they just slapped a Donaldson sticker on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK Dually
We keeping you busy :) :) :)
L8R

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Donaldson makes a P 55083 filter for the stock location. 7 micron dont remember the efficiency. Priced pretty high for me.
L88

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Donaldson makes a P 55083 filter for the stock location. 7 micron dont remember the efficiency. Priced pretty high for me.
L88
They do not make that filter. It is currently just a Wix with a Donaldson stick on it. Filter mfgs do this all the time where they will paint or put stickers on for other filter companies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They do not make that filter. It is currently just a Wix with a Donaldson stick on it. Filter mfgs do this all the time where they will paint or put stickers on for other filter companies.
DONALDSON really good at answering questions. I will check it out. Regardless it's too pricey for my truck.
L8R

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DONALDSON really good at answering questions. I will check it out. Regardless it's too pricey for my truck.
L8R
Email to Donaldson sent, will probably have an answer in the morning. :unsure:
L8R

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
L8R
I would not run that plastic junk Wix if they were free.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts