Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well rain permitting we are gonna try out the strip again, the best times i could get last season were some 12.9x this was with stock shocks, no traction bars heavy weight and the wrong tire size also this was with the cold juice quad stack, this year im running the same programming, tractions bars, sd centrlink good tires and a little propane, im hoping if i can get the truck weight low enough and can leave well were looking for some mid 12's. this should be obtainable if everything works right. i will try to get some slips posted if it dont rain us out, also im gonna do several runs w/o the pane just to how much it is helping.
Brett

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Good luck, that sounds like a good recipe for mid 12's!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Wondering why you are running the pane? Isn't runninf propane just adding more fuel when you are alright approaching the limits of the stock charger on your programming alone. Just seems like nitrous would have been a better chemical power adder to get you more air rather than more fuel.

Just wondering, I certainly am not questioning cause I'm trying to learn all this stuff too.

Best of luck,

C-ya

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Leave the pane on the grill if you want any longevity out of that powerplant, IMHO.

Nitrous would be a much better option to hit low 12's as you don't need more fuel added to the mix to do so, you need more air.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh thats what i figured out last thursday, by 300 ft it was detonatinhg bad enough for me to cut it off , i tried it again and same thing, needless to say i contacted superdiesel and hes getting me a list of nitrous goodies, the truck still ran some 12.9's and im hoping to get some high 11's with spray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.