Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was coming back up the strand in imperial beach back to coronado, And let say im a spirited type of driver. This asia man in his mercedes amg ,s55 or e55 ,or somethin or other thought i wanted to race him at the light so he tore off he had to much of a jump on me so thought i would just catch up with him at the next light. The next light is pretty far up the strand, so i got a couple of higher speed rolling races in( about 40 50 mph or so) we were pretty even i couldnt seem to get away from him with ppe on 1 ,and edge on 3. at the next light put edge on 5 on we had a pretty good drag race he got about half a car ahead and i realed him in pretty fast and up about a half a truck ahead of him. got off around 110. when i got off i saw him ,and hid bud were laughing dont know what about though, probably because there 50,000 dollar car got beat by a 4ton truck.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Im pretty sure that their ride was far more than 50k, if it was a true AMG.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it was a slightly older S55 or E55 (the N/A engines), he may have been racing, but even still those are 13 second cars. If it was newer, he was just playing with you.

I had a C43 AMG and 0-60 is was alright, but from 60 on up... it was a rocket.

Sounds like a fun run either way though!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ok I'm all for a good kill, but... An SLK55 AMG is a 12 second car. If it was an E55 AMG then it is a high 11 second car, it has a 470 hp engine in a car that weighs far less than half your truck.
Now if it was a SL65 AMG then it is also a 11 second car, 604 hp.
I'm pretty comfortable saying that it would take one hell of a duramax to kill any mercedes AMG.
PS it is no where near a $55k car, try $70 to $165K for the SL65AMG.

·
Registered
44 Posts
:exactly:

His AMG (in any form) would have smoked you if driven properly.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I've ridden on an AMG and even with 4 grown men in it that thing still put me back in my seat..they are insanely fast and if I'm not mistaken the AMG package includes a blower. Good run though, maybe he didn't know how to drive that thing.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Some AMG eq'd models have the blower, some do not. Depends on the year as well.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I thought I was going to spank some punk a$$ brat in his daddys car at the track. It was a new AMG E55. He ran a high 12 and surprised the snot out of me. They are fast and will kill a truck without a built trans.!!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The amg was definatley not new, looked at some picks on the internet. I cant comment on exactly what type it was, it was big though. He could have been toying with me as now looking back on it i caught up to him and then he suspiciously stayed right beside up untill i got off. He could have been seeing ow fast i was. huuumm????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.